tyoramoody

Brandilyn Collins

Fearless

Fearless - Robin Parrish Fearless
by Robin Parrish

Recently on a mailing list, someone asked what were the favorite books from 2007. I chose Fearless by Robin Parrish. This book is the second book in the Dominion Trilogy Series. Last year, I read the first book, Relentless. The storyline matched the title perfectly because the novel was action packed from beginning to the end. I was so excited about this book I suggested it to a coworker. I didn’t think it would be the type of book she would normally enjoy, but being an avid reader, I knew she would be pulled into the action like myself. Well, after waiting a whole year for this second book to be released, I must say Fearless was well worth the wait.

The saga of Grant Burrows, now known as “The Guardian” continues. After a major catastrophe, Grant and his team of extraordinarily powered humans are trying to pick up the pieces. With natural disasters and rioting, the world as they know it is crumbling around them fast. Grant and his team try to save as many people as they can. But in the midst of the disasters “The Guardian” is still searching for the people behind his extreme powers. What frightens Grant the most is whether or not he’s responsible for what’s taking place in the world now. His team will travel all around the world to find out how they can save the world from totally self-destructing.

When I was younger, I loved reading my cousin’s comic books. Even if you’re not a fan of comic books or fantasy, readers will be drawn into these characters from the very first chapter. Now unlike some book series, you really do have to read book one of the Dominion Trilogy. There are explanations about events that occurred in the first book, but there are also quite a few new characters introduced in the second book. Some key, beloved characters from the beginning will lose their life, so background knowledge is very helpful. Essentially, this book is the middle of the story.

One of the reasons why I chose Fearless as my favorite book for 2007 was because the ending shocked me. It was one big cliffhanger and I have to admit I sat with my mouth hanging open for a good minute. Then I just got mad. So next summer, I’m will be looking forward to Merciless. I imagine Robin Parrish’s Dominion Trilogy will go down as a classic in years to come. It’s a phenomenal story.